Job: Carnegie Hall at the Sewanee: The University of the South
General Contractor: Stewart Perry Construction Company
We are extremely proud to have been chosen to assist in the refurbishing of Carnegie Hall at Sewanee: The University of the South. Formerly known for years as Science Hall, Carnegie Hall was built in 1913.
Today the building houses the Office of the Treasurer, classrooms, faculty offices, the department of education, studios, and darkrooms as well as a rooftop observatory. The original donor was Andrew Carnegie. Mrs. J.L. Harris gave the telescope in the observatory, the gift of the General Education Board.
The Sewanee campus overlooks the Tennessee Valley and consists of 13,000 acres on the Cumberland Plateau. It includes many buildings constructed of various materials faced with local stone, most done in the Gothic style. In September 2011, it was named by Travel + Leisure as one of the most beautiful college campuses in the United States!